FourthAndGoal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BSC Champion Following Season Records

3 posters

Go down

BSC Champion Following Season Records Empty BSC Champion Following Season Records

Post  3rdGenAU Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:12 pm

While I know most auburn fans like to rib the Bama fans about their 2010 season it should be noted that their results are not unusual for defending champions. here is a list of the BCS Chamions records the following years:
1998 Tennessee (9-3)
1999 Florida St (11-2)
2000 Oklahoma (11-2)
2001 Miami (12-1)
2002 Ohio St.(11-2)
2003 LSU (9-3)
2004 USC (12-1)
2005 Texas (10-3)
2006 Florida (9-4)
2007 LSU (8-5)
2008 Florida (13-1)
2009 Alabama (10-3)
Notice that the majority of them are 2 and 3 loss records. Only 2 teams have one loss seasons and USC had to vacate theirs because of NCAA violations.
What does that mean for Auburn? I think it is safe to assume Auburn will have a huge target placed on them. With the schedule we face we could easily lose 4 games. We are on the road at USCe, Arkansas, LSU, Georgia, and Ole Miss. None of these games is going to be a cake walk. Only Arkansas and Ole Miss will have new QBs and Arkansas' has had significant playing time against Auburn. I do think we will improve on defense this year. Our secondary has received a shot in the arm from the recruiting the last two years. Our younger DBs will play the pass much better than our graduating class did. We return plenty of depth on the d-line and at LB. The Offense has to build a new Offensive line. This is not as big of a job as some would have you think. We have plenty of returning line men with enough experience to be successful in the SEC. Not to mention the talented new recruits that will come in to bolster the depth chart. Will we go undefeated and repeat as champions? No, that is highly unlikely. We should be very competitive in the West and could even win the west championship. However, I think it is much more likely that we end up with at least 2 losses. As long as we beat Alabama I'll be happy.
Laughing
3rdGenAU
3rdGenAU
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

BSC Champion Following Season Records Empty Re: BSC Champion Following Season Records

Post  Ahsaaref Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:21 pm

I need a Martini,
2 losses would be okay as long as we get to Atlanta Cool
Ahsaaref
Ahsaaref
Walk On
Walk On

Back to top Go down

BSC Champion Following Season Records Empty BSC Champ Losses the Following Year

Post  JayB44 Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:02 am

As always, Ref, good post. One question: is the Ole Miss Dancing Bear game 'away' this year? I thought we had them at home.

I know that in August of last year I would have been absolutely thrilled with a three-loss season. For the past few years I have subscribed to that old cliche, 'One Game at a Time'. (Cliches become cliches for a good reason.) So, viewing it that way you only have one game you must win - the NEXT one. After four games it's 'four down one to go'. Will we do it again? Of course I don't know - and will not predict. Is it possible? You betcha. Especially with the talent and character of these young men and our coaching staff. (I will miss The Rock - I'm sure we all will.) This bunch may be too dumb to realize they CAN'T do it. But, win or lose, they're still MY TIGERS! WAR EAGLE!

JayB44
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

BSC Champion Following Season Records Empty Re: BSC Champion Following Season Records

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down