FourthAndGoal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Despicable Act at Toomer's Corner

4 posters

Go down

Despicable Act at Toomer's Corner Empty Despicable Act at Toomer's Corner

Post  Andy Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:45 pm

First of all, my condolences to the Auburn family. The poisoning of the oaks at Toomer's Corner sickens me to think about. Alabama and Auburn each have traditions that make this rivalry special, and this criminal act in an effort to destroy one of those traditions has crossed the line.

If an Alabama fan is responsible for this, he is not truly an Alabama fan as far as I'm concerned and I know the majority of other Bama fans feel the same way and are sickened by this as well.

I hope all measures can be taken to save the trees but from what I've read the outlook is not good. Most Auburn fans I know have more class than to resort to retaliation (or even suggest it) so I hope everybody here can maintain that class and have a cool head and not let emotions take over.
Again, my condolences and I hope whomever is responsible is apprehended quickly and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Andy

https://fourthandgoal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Despicable Act at Toomer's Corner Empty Re: Despicable Act at Toomer's Corner

Post  ALLTIGER85 Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:20 am

Thanks for the post, Andy.
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

Post  loaltiger Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:22 pm

Thanks to you Andy and to all true college football fans who condem this mans actions. As much as I would like to knife the person or persons who commited this act in the heart it would not hold true to the Auburn Creed. It will indeed take work hard work to forgive this act but it is what we must do. Extracting revenge will only make things worse and it is beneath what a real representative of Auburn should do. Many of us have called out fans on both sides for classless behavior so now it is time to put your money where your mouth is and show pride and class. Let not one of us stoop to this mans level but hold your heads high so that the spirit that lives in the Auburn Family outshines all else. War Eagle !
loaltiger
loaltiger
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Despicable Act at Toomer's Corner Empty Toomer's Corner

Post  JayB44 Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Andy, I add my thanks to those of the others for your kind condolences.

You are right. The individual who did this is no fan - though he may consider himself to be. He is one sick individual. If the accused man is indeed convicted, I am confident that the legal system will provide the appropriate justice. And, there could well be federal charges to follow.

As angry as I become over something like this, I realize that vengeance is NOT my responsibility. Ultimately that will come from a much higher paygrade. I sincerely hope that all AU supporters can react with the proper restraint.

Ultimately I KNOW that Auburn, the family and the spirit are far above all the ill will that some others hold for us. We will not only survive, we will THRIVE! I sincerely hope that the Toomer's Corner oaks will do so as well.

JayB44
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down