FourthAndGoal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 WR's with offers are...

4 posters

Go down

2012 WR's with offers are... Empty 2012 WR's with offers are...

Post  ALLTIGER85 Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:46 am

Jeremy Richardson from Scooba, Mississippi (Hometown=Sprinville, AL.)~6'3 225lbs 4.5-40. (Juco)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-bH_yiBT4E

Chris Black from Jacksonville, FL~5'11 160lbs (no 40 time listed). Also holds offers from: bama, Florida, Florida St., Clemson, UGA, Miami and South Carolina.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbimafIn6G0

Dorial Green-Beckham from Springfield, Missouri~6'6 220lbs 4.4-40. Also holds offers from: bama, Arkansas, Florida, Florida St., Illinois, Iowa, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio St, Oklahoma, UCLA, USC (west) and Wisconsin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nab_Kdaoqws
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Auburn is looking to sign two WR's after signing three in 2011. Jeremy Richardson is a lock, and it would be nice to get Dorial on board. This post will be updated should AU offer anyone else. War Eagle!
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

2012 WR's with offers are... Empty Questions...

Post  AUsince68 Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:14 pm

Is Richardson still a lock? Is he looking elsewhere?
Looking at the RB's too, is there ever anyone on our board, who's a national target, that the bammers don't offer too? I know it's early, but does everyone go after the same guys? (Everyone = top 20 programs) I am aware that they can also commit early, so is that the game behind the game now, get the early commit from the best you can and hang on?

AUsince68
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

2012 WR's with offers are... Empty Re: 2012 WR's with offers are...

Post  ALLTIGER85 Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:34 pm

AUsince68 wrote:Is Richardson still a lock? Is he looking elsewhere?
Looking at the RB's too, is there ever anyone on our board, who's a national target, that the bammers don't offer too? I know it's early, but does everyone go after the same guys? (Everyone = top 20 programs) I am aware that they can also commit early, so is that the game behind the game now, get the early commit from the best you can and hang on?

Under Richardson's profile is doesn't list any other offers/interest besides Auburns. I think he's wanted to come to AU the whole time, and will more than likely be a Tiger in the 2012 class.

AU is recruiting nation-wide and is willing to go after anyone. I'm not surprised at all to see "Everyone" going after the same guys. Most highly rated recruits like to wait until the end, coaches would love an early commit to base their class around (Kiehl Frazier) but with these 4 and 5* guys it's hard to get them to commit early unless they're absolutely positive. Kids now-a-days like the exposure and the "process" that goes with "waiting". Also some kids don't commit early because they want to get in all their visits. Some coaches tell them if they commit, then they(the kid) won't be able to visit anywhere else. Then you have coaches like AU's that tell the kids to take all their visits to make sure AU is the right place for them. Hope that helps a little. War Eagle!
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

2012 WR's with offers are... Empty WRs

Post  JayB44 Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:59 pm

Great stuff here! Thanks, ocho. In my opinion, we could do a lot worse than re-signing Richardson. And Mr. Green-Becham, at 6'6" with a 4.4 40, sounds absolutely scary! He would be a very nice addition. I don't know if he has any kind of a 'lean' but the AU staff can make a very convincing appeal if he will visit.

As to the running backs, nobody can deny that we've had success there over the years. But, even when we don't land the 'spotlight talent', we seem to sign some that possess potential that isn't widely recognized and then coach them into becoming 'producers'.

Speaking of RBs, I realize that Ladarius Phillips has been given a look at DT, but I really hope they can leave him at H-back. He could take a lot of stress out of 3rd and short situations. I'd also like to see him catch the ball on, say, a wheel route while under a full head of steam with nothing but DBs ahead of him. (That might well result in a 911 call or two.)

One problem that will show up in the next couple of years is that, with so few seniors, we'll be right up against the 85 scholarshi limit. But if I ever trusted any staff at AU, this one has my absolute confidence that they will handle the situation.

JayB44
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post  ALLTIGER85 Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:29 am

JayB44 wrote:Great stuff here! Thanks, ocho. In my opinion, we could do a lot worse than re-signing Richardson. And Mr. Green-Becham, at 6'6" with a 4.4 40, sounds absolutely scary! He would be a very nice addition. I don't know if he has any kind of a 'lean' but the AU staff can make a very convincing appeal if he will visit.

As to the running backs, nobody can deny that we've had success there over the years. But, even when we don't land the 'spotlight talent', we seem to sign some that possess potential that isn't widely recognized and then coach them into becoming 'producers'.

Speaking of RBs, I realize that Ladarius Phillips has been given a look at DT, but I really hope they can leave him at H-back. He could take a lot of stress out of 3rd and short situations. I'd also like to see him catch the ball on, say, a wheel route while under a full head of steam with nothing but DBs ahead of him. (That might well result in a 911 call or two.)

One problem that will show up in the next couple of years is that, with so few seniors, we'll be right up against the 85 scholarshi limit. But if I ever trusted any staff at AU, this one has my absolute confidence that they will handle the situation.

I agree with everything. I heard Ladarius was getting DT rep before the MNC game. If he moves into the D-line role, then I see Eric Smith getting more carries on short yardage and maybe having LP as a full back. Holy Crap, LP blocking for ES. haha, I can't wait for this season. WIth Dyer, Omac, and Mason....we'll need a big back and the only options are those two guys.

Beckham does look like a sick talent. He would be a Jeffries type of receiver IMO. Hope we can resign Richardson and add Beckham and call it a day.

LP in the open field would be a DB's nightmare, like I said, I can't wait for this season to start. It's going to be fun to watch CGM put these players where he needs'em and how much he adjusts the plays with Trotter at the helm. This coaching staff is easy to love, they work their butts off on and off the field, and push these players to the limit. We've come a long way since 2008, and we're only going to keep truckin.....or should I say....bus'in. War Eagle!
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

Post  loaltiger Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Good afternoon Ocho I saw your list of RB's and along with this list of WR's things are looking good ! WDE and thanks for the info.
loaltiger
loaltiger
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  ALLTIGER85 Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:11 pm

loaltiger wrote:Good afternoon Ocho I saw your list of RB's and along with this list of WR's things are looking good ! WDE and thanks for the info.

No Problem, loal. IT'S ANOTHER GREAT DAY TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER! king
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down