FourthAndGoal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum

4 posters

Go down

This Forum Empty This Forum

Post  JayB44 Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:46 pm

There are a few things I'd like to get off my chest. I am indeed grateful for this forum. (Thank you, Andy, and bless your little crimson and white heart!) Having been a 'miner' (I read it all and occasionally post under 'JB') from the git-go, I recognize most of you over here. (I'm sorry 6 got his knickers in a wad and punched out.) I don't want to see anybody leave the mine - I am, like most of you, still there. But I do wish more would come over here in addition. It is truly refreshing to have a spot to address issues, express thoughts and opinions frankly without having unwanted intrusions by imbeciles. I'm sure that most of the 'disruptors' see themselves as roaring flame throwers while they are actually a box of wet matches who don't rate a response. Unfortunately, they all too often receive replies which only encourages them. Now, don't get me wrong - I DO appreciate those kinds of 'alien visitors' for the genuine humor they bring. So far, EVERYTHING I have read from you folks over here has been worthwhile info. We may not always agree, but we are civil about our differences.

I make claim to being the geezer of the crowd here. I am older than 6. Heck, I'm even older than ca4bama over at the mine! This means I am older than a lot of fossils in the museum. I saw my first Auburn (API) game in Atlanta in 1944. Carl Voyles was the coach. Helmets were made of leather. The only thing to protect a player's face was his nose - and most of them showed it. (Back before face masks, blocking a kick could be a real adventure!) Anyhow, we lost that game against Tech - as we did far too many games back in those pre-Shug days. Now, times are far sunnier. There is NO DOUBT we are blessed with the BEST head coach and staff in college football!

I thoroughly appreciate all of you. I am grateful for your thoughts.

EVERY DAY IS A GREAT DAY TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER! WAR EAGLE!

JayB44
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

This Forum Empty For Andy -

Post  JayB44 Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Andy, I don't know how I was able to get this new topic to post TWICE! I certainly didn't intend to. Wonder if you could delete one of them please?

Thanks - JayB

JayB44
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

This Forum Empty Re: This Forum

Post  auupnorth Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:15 am

I agree with with you entirely, I hope that things will take off a little more over here and it is refreshing to be able to talk strictly Auburn football over here with no flamers. WDE!!!!
auupnorth
auupnorth
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

This Forum Empty For JB44

Post  Ahsaaref Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Dad is that you ? Very Happy
Ahsaaref
Ahsaaref
Walk On
Walk On

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:11 pm

Jay, You are right. Unfortunately both sides have their share of flamers and I get tired of reading reading the flames and idiot posts from "my side" just as much as I do from "your side", and I think most of you probably feel the same way.
I would love to hear some stories from some of the games you've been to over the years. I think if we got rid of the facemasks again it would cut out a lot of the dirty hits and cheap shots!

I still plan on changing the theme of the forum to something more neutral and have a poll of which one you guys prefer, but I can't do it from a computer at work and I've been too busy to get to it at home. Hang in there though tongue

Andy

https://fourthandgoal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

This Forum Empty This Forum

Post  JayB44 Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Ahsaaref wrote:Dad is that you ? Very Happy
LOL, Ref. You do honor me - and I thank you. However, that is impossible. ALL of our kids are older than you!

JayB44
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

This Forum Empty Andy -

Post  JayB44 Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:08 pm

I thank you for getting rid of that extra post.

I would agree with you that the flaming is a two-way street. The good-natured banter between us is fun. However, all too many become more insane. BTW, I have been known to pull for the Tide, too. I listened by radio and loudly cheered when Harry Gilmer led Alabama to victory in the Rose Bowl ('46?) against USC. ('Course we weren't playing each other in those days.)

Although my heart has been with AU for a very long time, my body hasn't always been in close proximity. Hence, I have been able to attend surprisingly few games. For example, during the '57 season, I was flying off of USS INTREPID in the chilly waters of the Arctic north of Norway. 'First line of defense' holding the Cossack hordes at bay, doncha know. We got the scores late Saturday night/early Sunday morning via teletype. There was another 'Orange and Blue' in the squadron and we cheered each win lustily. The next year, '58, I was a student at AU. That season wasn't too shabby either, the only blemish being a 7-7 tie at Tech. I was at that game and was, like all AU folks, supremely disappointed. But listening to the wildly cheering Tech fans it all of a sudden hit me. These guys are delirious that they were able to tie us when there was a time it was a ho-hum game for them and automatically taken for granted they would whip our Egyptian cobras (asps).

There are a few memorable games and maybe I can get to them someday. But for now, I have run my mouth far too long. Just the ramblings of a senile ol' coot - who still knows how to YELL - WAR EAGLE!

JayB44
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down