FourthAndGoal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 DT Targets With Offers Are...

3 posters

Go down

2012 DT Targets With Offers Are... Empty 2012 DT Targets With Offers Are...

Post  ALLTIGER85 Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:27 am

Justin Shanks from Prattville, AL~6'2 256lbs (no 40 time listed). Also holds offers from: Bama, Arkansas, Florida, South Alabama and So. Mississippi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mylI7vZB9BI

Jafar Mann from Stone Mtn., GA~6'4 275lbs (no 40 time listed). Also holds offers from: Florida, Miami, Miss. St., So. Carolina, So. Florida and Tennessee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTQRWfALkHg

Jonathan Taylor from Millen, GA~6'4 315lbs (no 40 time listed). Also holds offers from: Bama, Florida, Fl. St., UGA, Ga. Tech, LSU, No. Carolina, So. Carolina and Tennessee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUm3HBXjhvE

Vincent Valentine from Edwardsville, IL~6'3 300lbs (no 40 time listed). Also holds offers from: Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kansas St., Michigan, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQWwU5MFCJo

AU will take 2 or 3 DT's in the 2012 class. War Eagle!!
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

2012 DT Targets With Offers Are... Empty Re: 2012 DT Targets With Offers Are...

Post  loaltiger Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:33 am

What no Lower Alabama boys ? Good morning and War Eagle !!
loaltiger
loaltiger
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  ALLTIGER85 Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:48 am

loaltiger wrote:What no Lower Alabama boys ? Good morning and War Eagle !!

LOL, I guess not. Morning and War Eagle, loal.
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

2012 DT Targets With Offers Are... Empty 2012 DT Prospects

Post  JayB44 Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:38 pm

Yep, Alabama lads are rather scarce on this list. However, I'm really interested in the kid from Illinois. With the name of Vincent Valentine, you know he's gotta have heart. Besides, Bama hasn't offered so I know they'll let us have him.

JayB44
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post  JayB44 Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:55 am

I also wonder how Rock's departure will impact this group's commitment/signing - if at all.

JayB44
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post  ALLTIGER85 Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:57 am

JayB44 wrote:I also wonder how Rock's departure will impact this group's commitment/signing - if at all.

First off, I just don't think there's that much DT talent in our state this year. There's only one other guy AU is considering from AL with no offer.

On how Rocker leaving will impact recruits. Well we're after three guys from Georgia pretty hard:DE Jordan Jenkins, DE Jarontay Jones and DT Quinteze Williams. Jones and Williams have new leaders but want to visit when AU hires the new coach to meet him. Jenkins is still high on AU even though Rocker left.

Here are some of there quotes:
Jones
"I'm not going to lie, it had a big impact," Jones said. "Him being the defensive line coach, I wanted to play for him. I was surprised when I heard, especially coming off the national championship."~~~New Leader: Florida

Williams
"It did hurt my opinion of Auburn when he (Rocker) left," Williams said. "That was one of the big reasons I was thinking of going there. I was partially surprised when I heard the news because he said he wasn't going to leave, but he got a great job."~~~~New Leader: Florida

Jenkins
"I still feel like I could end up there, because I have a relationship with more than one coach there," Jenkins said. "So it changed, but it didn't change a lot."~~~AU still leads.

War Eagle!

ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

Post  JayB44 Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:30 am

Wow, Ocho, you've done a lot of legwork here. It's sort of like I feared it would be. 'Course, on the optimistic side, it could all change for the better when the 'new guy' comes in. Chizik is no dummy when it comes to evaluating coaching talent - especially on the defensive side - and I trust him to find a good'un. One might expect that to happen soon with spring practice approaching. We'll just have to wait and see who's gonna fill the Rock's big shoes.

Thanks for all the good info - please keep it up.

JayB44
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post  ALLTIGER85 Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:10 am

JayB44 wrote:Wow, Ocho, you've done a lot of legwork here. It's sort of like I feared it would be. 'Course, on the optimistic side, it could all change for the better when the 'new guy' comes in. Chizik is no dummy when it comes to evaluating coaching talent - especially on the defensive side - and I trust him to find a good'un. One might expect that to happen soon with spring practice approaching. We'll just have to wait and see who's gonna fill the Rock's big shoes.

Thanks for all the good info - please keep it up.

Don't mention it, Brother!

IMO~Coach Rocker can't be replaced. He won the Lombardi at AU and played in the League. Those are two things D-Linemen really looked hard at, and wanted to come play for him because he KNOWS how to be the best there is. I have full faith in CGC and the hire he'll make. From some lists that i've seen it looks like we'll get another AU guy. That's good news. It's real easy to sell Auburn if you're already an Auburn Man. I hope the next guy is as good as Rocker, only time will tell. War Eagle!
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down