FourthAndGoal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most valuable freshman signee? (Offense and defense)

+4
3rdGenAU
johnnyAU
Tigerbill
AUtigerinGA
8 posters

Go down

Most valuable freshman signee? (Offense and defense) Empty Most valuable freshman signee? (Offense and defense)

Post  AUtigerinGA Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Which players do you see contributing early and often from this class on both offense and defense? If we land CK I would have a three-way tie on offense with CK, Dismukes, and Westerman as I think all 3 will see the field early. Defensively, Gabe Wright is someone who CGC praises and holds to a high esteem and that gives me great hope about his ability. Honestly I hope all these guys come in and play lights out while getting to experience the magic that is Auburn University.

AUtigerinGA
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Most valuable freshman signee? (Offense and defense) Empty Re: Most valuable freshman signee? (Offense and defense)

Post  Tigerbill Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:18 pm

AUtigerinGA wrote:Which players do you see contributing early and often from this class on both offense and defense? If we land CK I would have a three-way tie on offense with CK, Dismukes, and Westerman as I think all 3 will see the field early. Defensively, Gabe Wright is someone who CGC praises and holds to a high esteem and that gives me great hope about his ability. Honestly I hope all these guys come in and play lights out while getting to experience the magic that is Auburn University.

I think several will contribute, including Mason. We need depth at RB. KF (QB) may see time also, breaking in slow, ala Tim Tebow

Tigerbill
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Most valuable freshman signee? (Offense and defense) Empty Re: Most valuable freshman signee? (Offense and defense)

Post  johnnyAU Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:27 pm

I think Erique Florence will be in the mix on defense and of course the big OLs on offense. As far as playmakers, watch out for Sammie Coates and Brandon Fulse to make an impact.

I'm also excited to see some of those kids from last year's class contribute. Demetreuce McNeal, Antonio Goodwin and Trovon Reed to name a few to start.

WDE fellers

johnnyAU
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdGenAU Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:41 pm

Jonathan Rose or Enrique Florence will make the biggest impact. Our defensive backs need help.
3rdGenAU
3rdGenAU
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  inohforau Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:23 am

I have to go with Gabe Wright. We are going to need someone to step up on the DLine and I think he will be the man next year. I think Coach Rock knows that he has the potential to be our next Lombardi winner.
inohforau
inohforau
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  ALLTIGER85 Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:15 am

inohforau wrote:I have to go with Gabe Wright. We are going to need someone to step up on the DLine and I think he will be the man next year. I think Coach Rock knows that he has the potential to be our next Lombardi winner.

I agree with this on defense. Reese Dismukes on Offense.
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:20 am

Off topic, but congrats to Alltiger for being the first to move up from "prospect" to "recruit" (15 posts was the rank increase point) jocolor

Andy

https://fourthandgoal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ALLTIGER85 Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:26 am

LOL, thanks Andy. You guys are looking at a 6* recruit....Jus Sayin. cyclops
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

Post  inohforau Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:32 am

ALLTIGER85 wrote:LOL, thanks Andy. You guys are looking at a 6* recruit....Jus Sayin. cyclops

You better not switch your commitment to another school since you are so highly rated and you better be All In.
inohforau
inohforau
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:36 am

ALLTIGER85 wrote:LOL, thanks Andy. You guys are looking at a 6* recruit....Jus Sayin. cyclops

I hear ya lol... The stars will start to go up as you reach higher levels. I think I made up 10 levels just for fun!

Andy

https://fourthandgoal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ALLTIGER85 Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:39 am

Andy wrote:

I hear ya lol... The stars will start to go up as you reach higher levels. I think I made up 10 levels just for fun!

That's a fun idea. You've really done a great job with this site, Andy. Thanks again for all the hard work.
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

Most valuable freshman signee? (Offense and defense) Empty Freshman impact

Post  tigerrock10 Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:43 am

I think Florence. I have heard he may be somebody looked at to return punts. We could use that.

tigerrock10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post  ALLTIGER85 Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:53 am

tigerrock10 wrote:I think Florence. I have heard he may be somebody looked at to return punts. We could use that.

I hadn't thought of him for that. I think Trovon Reed will be the main go-to-guy for punt returns. He was 3rd string this year at least in practice (I know he redshirted). Trooper Taylor talks very highly about Trovon and I can't wait to see what he can do.
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

Post  ALLTIGER85 Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:57 am

inohforau wrote:

You better not switch your commitment to another school since you are so highly rated and you better be All In.

I've been offered by every D1 school in the country but am done with my recruitment. I took an unofficial visit this past year to Aurburn for the AU/SC game in the regular season. Everyone was nice and polite to the SC fans, it was something i've never seen before in such a "football related atmosphere". I like all the coaches and players that I met. Everyone is just chilled and layed back but when it comes time to work, they work. AU felt like my home away from home, just a family type atmosphere. I left there with an offer and committed. I'm ALL IN. What a Face
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

Post  inohforau Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:59 am

For offense, obviously we have a lot of new and returning talent, but not much experience. I think we will be fine on OL, RB, TE, and even QB. My main concern is having someone step into Darvin's role as the go to clutch receiver. We all know that Lutz has good hands, who will be the go to WR?
inohforau
inohforau
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  inohforau Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:02 pm

ALLTIGER85 wrote:
inohforau wrote:

I've been offered by every D1 school in the country but am done with my recruitment. I took an unofficial visit this past year to Aurburn for the AU/SC game in the regular season. Everyone was nice and polite to the SC fans, it was something i've never seen before in such a "football related atmosphere". I like all the coaches and players that I met. Everyone is just chilled and layed back but when it comes time to work, they work. AU felt like my home away from home, just a family type atmosphere. I left there with an offer and committed. I'm ALL IN. What a Face

Nice Ocho! Laughing I realized I was All In when I got the Credit Card bills from the trip out to AZ for the BCSCG. It was worth every penny though.
inohforau
inohforau
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  ALLTIGER85 Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:03 pm

inohforau wrote:For offense, obviously we have a lot of new and returning talent, but not much experience. I think we will be fine on OL, RB, TE, and even QB. My main concern is having someone step into Darvin's role as the go to clutch receiver. We all know that Lutz has good hands, who will be the go to WR?

Emory Blake and maybe Trovon Reed. IMO
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum