FourthAndGoal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

247 Sports says Cyrus to Bama

+4
ALLTIGER85
Andy
3rdGenAU
norcaltiger
8 posters

Go down

247 Sports says Cyrus to Bama Empty 247 Sports says Cyrus to Bama

Post  norcaltiger Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:16 pm

247 Sports' Brian Mathews (Aunburn Undercover) has noted that Cyrus has posted on his facebook page he has decided to go to Alabama:
http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Cyrus-Kouandjio-has-now-posted-on-Facebook-1032763/1
Seems brother Arie tweeted the same thing.
Best wishes to a kid making a decision under tremendous pressure.
Now, lets us AUbies put this behind us, and get ready for 2011!
War Eagle from San Francisco!!!
norcaltiger
norcaltiger
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

247 Sports says Cyrus to Bama Empty Re: 247 Sports says Cyrus to Bama

Post  3rdGenAU Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:50 pm

It's too bad he wasn't able to convince his parents to let him go to Auburn.
3rdGenAU
3rdGenAU
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:59 pm

The kid was under a tremendous amount of pressure and I think he just needed time to get his head straight and be sure about what he was doing. It was obvious that he was very uncomfortable at his press conference, almost like somebody had a gun to his back. Now, I'm not at all suggesting there was something like that happening, but he did not want to say what he was saying that day.
I'm happy he chose Bama, but Auburn signed an outstanding OL class and will be just fine without him. He seems like a good kid and I would wish him the best no matter where he signed, but I'm glad to have him.

Andy

https://fourthandgoal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdGenAU Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:17 pm

Get real Andy you know his parents made him change his mind to protect his brother's scholarship. If he signs with auburn do you honestly think Arie would ever play at Bama?
3rdGenAU
3rdGenAU
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:27 pm

You really believe that? Do you also watch for men wearing headphones in white box vans outside your house and wear aluminum foil hats? Two shooters on the grassy knoll? Let me guess, 9/11 was an inside job? What else... We never sent a man to the moon?

Andy

Back to top Go down

Post  ALLTIGER85 Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:32 am

I'm just glad it's over. Now Clowney can pick between USC and Clemson and we can all look foward to Spring Ball. Hope Cyrus is happy with his choice and I wish him and his family luck until late November. War Eagle!!
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

247 Sports says Cyrus to Bama Empty I'm Calling Shenanigans

Post  Ahsaaref Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:32 am

On the Whole BC CK deals. 500,000 anonimously donated my Big ole Butt. Mad
Ahsaaref
Ahsaaref
Walk On
Walk On

Back to top Go down

Post  ALLTIGER85 Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:36 am

I just got done reading about all that ref. Somethin's fishy....
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Ahsaaref Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:43 am

Fishy and smelly too.
Ahsaaref
Ahsaaref
Walk On
Walk On

Back to top Go down

Post  SittinOnG Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:59 am

I don't know why any parent would send their child to play for a coach who was quoted as saying: "It's easy to sit back and say oversigning should not be allowed if it's not your job. But ... these guys are paid millions and millions of dollars to protect their team. You're asking him to put his moral obligation to the player above his obligation to the school."

Oh well, it's done now.
SittinOnG
SittinOnG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post  Ahsaaref Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:14 pm

i'll Predict right now, that those brothers will never be on the field together for a single play. In fact, I'll bet one is headed for a "Medical Redshirt" and we know which one. Hope Dad's happy.
Enough said though, as you said G it's over. and 208 days to kickoff
Ahsaaref
Ahsaaref
Walk On
Walk On

Back to top Go down

Post  Tigerbill Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:26 pm

I'm glad it is over, also. But I can not for the life of me see how a parent can put this kind of pressure on a child about his free college education. If they are paying, then they would have a little more input, but the kid earned it on his own and should be able to make his own decision. I would think it fair that this and the Calloway case should get as much exposure as Cam and his family received. After all, there is still no proof of any misconduct by Cam, Auburn or HIS DAD. He only admitted that money was mentioned in a conversation with some one from MSU. Never any mention of with whom he was talking or who mentioned the possibility. I doubt if CK gets raked over like Cam did, but if so, it is only fair. Mad

Tigerbill
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:58 pm

Cam and CK and/or Calloway are not at all the same type situation. There is a huge difference in a parent publicly stating which school they would prefer their child to attend and a parent acting as their chiild's pimp, attempting to charge $180-200k for their signature and services. Cecil Newton is scum and I'd love to hear anybody try to come to his defense.
What about the kid in Florida that just committed to Florida even though his mom was very vocal that she did not like UF and thought they disrespected her. She wanted him to go to Miami but he chose UF. Why isn't everyone getting all uptight about that the way they did about CK and his family and his choice of schools? Because it involved schools that nationally just don't matter much anymore (Miami at least).

Andy

Back to top Go down

Post  auupnorth Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:07 pm

I agree that the Callaway and Cyrus situations are completely different, with that being said, Peaches showed no class in publicly calling out his adopted son and it is no surprise the reaction and he deserves the criticism. Cyrus, I can move on from, he would have been great to have on our team, but we have stockpiled a lot of talent on our O-line and they are all 100% Auburn and that is what is most important. Cyrus isn't going to Alabama because he loves Alabama, he just wants to play football. He wanted to major in Architecture for one, Auburn is the place to be for that. The best thing was on national tv, he spoke of how great all our new recruits were when he met them.
auupnorth
auupnorth
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  ALLTIGER85 Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:07 pm

Andy wrote:Cam and CK and/or Calloway are not at all the same type situation. There is a huge difference in a parent publicly stating which school they would prefer their child to attend and a parent acting as their chiild's pimp, attempting to charge $180-200k for their signature and services. Cecil Newton is scum and I'd love to hear anybody try to come to his defense.
What about the kid in Florida that just committed to Florida even though his mom was very vocal that she did not like UF and thought they disrespected her. She wanted him to go to Miami but he chose UF. Why isn't everyone getting all uptight about that the way they did about CK and his family and his choice of schools? Because it involved schools that nationally just don't matter much anymore (Miami at least).

that and CK said AU on TV but then waited half a week to decide on bama. I'm afraid we'll all have to deal with this a lot in the future. Recruiting is making these kids famous before they even play a snap in college, do away with the TV stuff and it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Hell, 5 years ago you basically had to wait until NSD to even know who you got. It's turned into one big circus and every circus has clowns.
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down