FourthAndGoal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A great post from Auburn Eagle

4 posters

Go down

A great post from Auburn Eagle Empty A great post from Auburn Eagle

Post  auupnorth Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:41 pm

My friends, there is something very special about Auburn and yet I can't pinpoint what it really is. It's difficult to describe yet it's a tangible feeling that I get the moment I arrive on the plains.

Maybe it's the pregame ritual. Maybe it's the atmosphere on game day. Maybe it's the excitement of the game. Maybe it's the kindness of the Auburn Men and Women. Maybe it's the gravitational pull on that particular spot on the earth, centered on JH Stadium. But there isn't a better place on earth to hang out with 90k+ of our extended-extended family.

I'm not sure what it is but I know it's there, along with thousands of Auburn Men and Women around the world. It's not just our family that recognizes it though. It's visitors from other universities, visitors from everywhere have wrote amazingly wonderful post game day articles, blogs, letters, etc. about their trips to Auburn. Praising the university and its family for the wonderful reception and the way they were treated while on the Plains. Like all of us they long for the return trip to Auburn University to feel that wonderful feeling that can't be ignored. A Worthy road trip of epic proportions indeed.

Case in point, I worked with a young man from upstate New York, up until about 2 months ago. While stationed at Moody AFB the last 4 years, He often took weekend trips to go to Auburn University and hang out with some friends of his who were attending school at AU. Not knowing anything about AU the first trip, He was instantly inundated with that feeling of belonging and family. The man, like leaves no doubt that he Loves Auburn like he was born and raised in the middle of the campus.

He recently returned to Moody AFB, GA for a short visit with friends here. I spoke with him about the year Auburn had and the last few games since his returning to New York. "He said His friends don't understand him." "They don't get what he loves about Auburn so much." They question him on his lack of allegiance to a NY university, and taunt him for being a bandwagon fan.

Knowing this young man and knowing that His love for Auburn was there during the recent bad years we experienced at the end of CTT's reign. I feel for him as he fends off people who don't get it.

He said he has tried to explain it to other people, but fails miserably. I just shake my head in acknowledgement and tell him I understand his pain. I explain to him that the inadequacy of all human languages is a barrier that hinders me from being able to describe the emotions that I have for Auburn University.

I, like all of you know what I'm talking about. Whether you can describe it or not, you know that feeling. You feel it the moment you arrive In Auburn, You carry it home with you when you leave. You feel it day in and day out, preserving it, thriving on it, trying desperately to keep that wonderful feeling as strong as it was the day we arrived on campus. Longing to return and meet up with our extended-extended family at the place we call "The Loveliest Village on the Plains" that place we call Auburn University.

Friends, there is something very special about Auburn and yet... Courtesy of Stripe at AuburnEagle
auupnorth
auupnorth
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

A great post from Auburn Eagle Empty Re: A great post from Auburn Eagle

Post  auupnorth Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:49 pm

It is simply that feeling when you are home....I believe in Auburn and I love it!!! WDE
auupnorth
auupnorth
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  ALLTIGER85 Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:03 am

Indeed, great post. That feeling is AUmazing. That feeling starts for me whenever I get off 280 or I85. War Eagle!
ALLTIGER85
ALLTIGER85
Scholarship Player
Scholarship Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Ahsaaref Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:05 am

read that the other day and could not have said it any better
Ahsaaref
Ahsaaref
Walk On
Walk On

Back to top Go down

Post  3rdGenAU Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:08 pm

The closest thing I can relate to it is returning to your home where you grew up. A part of you is tied to that spot forever. Those of us who have had the pleasure of being in Auburn and being a part of the family will forever be tied to Auburn.
3rdGenAU
3rdGenAU
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down